09 August, 2007

A Yankee Dilema

Greetings to you. It is the Dawg days of August and the baseball season will soon be playing second fiddle to NFL games that mean less than a Lions scrimmage. As I sit at home filling out my box scores for the yankee game vs the blue jays, I begin to think about the conundrum that I am in. I am a yankee fan. (Insert Boo here... Insert other comments here) Say what you will but my parents had it right when I was young. I had the Pj's with the feet on them and Yankee pinstripes. Look out for the zipper on those things, the effects can be lifelong. But I was listening to the am radio and the announcers were discussing some changes to the lineup that the Boss might be considering. I look back to last year and all of the discussion of letting Bernie Williams go. Being a yankee fan and knowing what it was that Bernie did for this team I was pissed. Now the talk is about who they could bring in to replace Mo. Dang! Nothing like getting rid of one of the best closers ever. Now this is where the problem starts. To be a Yankee fan to me that means doing what it takes to win. Right now they aren't winning. Yup not winning a world series means not winning. Just winning your division every year doesn't define winning (see twins past five seasons). So to make changes and try to win is what i should expect and demand as a dreaded yank. But to see some of these guys leave the team would be really strange. Seeing Jorge in a Royals uni would be just too much. Having joe leave and someone else sit there and collect checks and rings would be weird. But even more uncomfortable than seeing Mo play in Chavez Ravine is the lack of the bling. It is all about the ring. So I say make the moves, do what you have to, just get another championship in New York before they leave the house that Ruth Built for the Compound that George erected. Do work son.

2 comments:

Jum said...

Inserting Boo! here.

But seriously, you have to be feeling good about your boys right now. We go 12-6 in our last 18, and we LOSE three games in the standings to you. Personally, I'm terrified. Worry about the off-season when it comes.

Jonathan said...

Way to get a twins shot in there...BOO...The only reason I somewhat even tollerate the yankees is because they are the bitter rival of the Red Sucks...(get it sucks instead of soxs, +1)...Thanks for rubbing my nose in it, yes the twins have not won a WS for a time but they are doing BIG thangs on a small budget Small ball baby gotta love it...Its FANtastic...